Tuesday, August 12, 2008

INDAY's: Bahay Kubo


May assignment si Junior sa Civics at nagpatulong siya kay Inday.

Junior: Ate Inday, may alam ka bang mga Filipino folk songs?


Inday: Certainly Junior. Even though I am very well versed in the proper utilization of the English language I still manage to keep the fervor of nationalism in my cardiac muscle - my heart, in layman’s term.


Junior: (may tumulo nang kaunting dugo mula sa ilong)


Inday: And to prove it to you, I am going to sing my favorite Filipino folk song.


Junior: Wow. Sa wakas. Magta-Tagalog na si Ate.

At nagsimulang kumanta si Inday.


Inday: (sa tono ng Bahay Kubo) My nipa hut, although it’s small, The plants are diverse. Turnips and eggplant, Winged beans and peanuts, String beans, edible pots, lima beans, white melon, gourd, white pumpkin and squash, and still there are more… radish, mustard, Onions, tomatoes, garlic and ginger… All around are lush sesame plants.


Tuluyang lumabas ang dugo mula sa ilong ng inosenteng bata.


Inday: Pardon Junior, I forgot to say that I am going to sing my favorite native folk song in English.


BUWAN NG WIKA 2008:

WIKA MO.

WIKANG FILIPINO.

WIKA NG MUNDO.

MAHALAGA!

No comments: